Monday, October 22, 2012

Seeing the disease progress

The last month I've witness this horrible disease take my Mom's memories more and it feels like a knife gets wedged into my heart.

We had family visit from Spain, my Mom's eldest niece who she hasn't seen in about 50 years or so and that made my Mom very happy which I thank them for visiting with her the little time they had to spare. In one of our outings my Mom wasn't able to say how many Grandkids she had and this killed me. She was trying to tell her niece's daughter she had two then said no I think I have three or maybe it's two I think there's a boy and there's a girl her name is Alexys. My cousin's daughter helped my Mom said yes you have a grandson I turned around and said his name is Paul and turned back trying to hold my tears in.

I feel that she remembered my niece more because she's the only who wants to spend time with her Grandma and tries to be the best respite caregiver any Aunt can ask for her. She is patient with her Grandma and keeps her entertain by doing dance therapy and other activities but most of all she is her "Nina Bonita Su dulce princesa". Those are words my Mom always says to my niece.

No comments:

Post a Comment