Sunday, September 16, 2012

Being in the right place at the right time

Today as I was running to set-up for the Zumbathon I remembered I had to get ice and other things but I don't like going to the Stater Bros by me so I was going to wait until I got closer to the clubhouse but for some strange reason I made a U-turn and went back to Stater Bros. We got what we needed and my Mom kept trying to walk away I had to keep asking her to stand nearby to not go too far awa
y the cashier looked at me and asked why we were wearing purple and what my purple wrist band said I told her we were on our way to an Alz event and purple is the color for support. She said "oh" and then went on 4 times to try to count my change back I asked her if she was okay she said her Mom was just diagnosed with early onset Alz, she is 55. I asked her how she was doing and she said she was lost and trying to understand it, I asked her if she had contacted to the Alz Assoc, said no, we went to the car and put a package together with helpful information. She was very thankful and kept hugging my Mom as I was telling her briefly about our journey. I guess it's true what they say, that God puts you in the path He needs you to be in. I hope she reaches out to the Alz Association.

No comments:

Post a Comment