Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July

Family, friends, food and fireworks!!! Perfect time to get together with loved ones. When someone has Alzheirmer's plans don't always go as planned.

I wanted to go out to the Huntington Beach parade with friends but Mom didn't want to get out if bed. Long story short we weren't having breakfast until 11am only because I told her Starbucks was having free coffee today. Sometimes you just have roll with the punches and try to enjoy the time given.

My Mom although born in Ecuador is a true patriotic, I bought her a American flag with all the states on it and she loves it. I saw this pillow in a trip to Missouri and knew I had to get it for her. She reads out all the states on the pillow on many nights which I love hearing her call them out.

Happy 4th of July to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment