Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter 2016

It's been a while since I blogged on our journey with Alzheimer's and if any caregivers are out there you know there isn't much time to blog but I have been keeping a journal and will be entering them more on a regular basis.

This Easter I did something different, instead of going to the whole family Easter gathering which would have been too overwhelming for my Mom and instead of me cleaning and cooking for a small gathering with just the immediate family which causes me a lot of stress and energy that I don't have I planned to take my Mom to mass with our family priest that she loves seeing and taking her to a picnic at the Fullerton Arboretum which ended up being the best idea I feel I have ever had.  Not only was my Mom excited to see Fr. Phil but she enjoyed the quite picnic and then a walk around the arboretum which got her tired and is now sound asleep.

I know some family members understand, other's don't and I am learning that I can't please everyone and I need to focus what is best and safest for my Mom and her wellbeing and that they are not in my shoes.  If they really want to see my Mom, as she always tells me they can come see her anytime they don't have to wait for a holiday or a birthday to think of her.  I know she feels it that they don't visit or call her so keeping her busy with "adventures" as she calls them is the best I can do for her.


Happy Easter to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment