Friday, February 28, 2014

Valentine's Day


This year my cousin asked my Mom to be her Valentine and of course I tagged along since I'm my Mom's personal chauffeur. Mom sure does love having special attention given to her and my cousin spoiled her and me along the way. This particular cousin has extra patience with my Mom and I feel that it's because she was part of the caregiving team that took care of our grandmother who also suffered with Alzheimer's until her end. My cousin was my Aunt's helper  from a young age and as this disease now has taken over my life I am learning from both my Aunt and my cousin on how to handle some situations that are new to me and although this disease is horrible to see your loved one fight it and have it go from generation to generation I feel fortunate to be surrounded by strong women to support and guide me through this journey 




No comments:

Post a Comment