Monday, November 5, 2012

Voting

My Mom has been a US Citizen for almost 40 years and is a true American she loves her adoptive country deeply and I recall her saying because it saw give birth to two of her daughters and gave her kids opportunities that we would not have had back in her home country of Ecuador.

I noticed the presidential election we had before she was officially diagnosed she had issues in her voting booth but I thought it was because they were using the computers for the first time because I was confused too. Once she was diagnosed I knew she still would want to do her American duty that she said many died to have so we started doing voting by mail. I already know what her way of voting was before and I observe her when she watches the news to see how she feels regarding a particular candidate or measure. I also try to catch her good days and we go over the ballot pamphlet but she does get tired, it takes us a good one month to get our ballots done but it worth it because I know I'm helping her still feel like she's doing her American duty


No comments:

Post a Comment